Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Welcome!

Hi there! Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere. My name is Theresa, and I'm gonna be your host on this crazy ride.

First, I feel I ought to explain the title. The title is a reference to Rorschach from Watchmen; it spun out of a joke between me and my friends, the lovely gals with whom I do the podcast World Peace Through Jackie Earle Haley. If you're interested in checking out that podcast, you can find it on iTunes or you can get it through our site, wptjeh.com. Not to be self-serving, I really can't recommend it enough. We have a lot of fun making it, and our discussions about Jackie & his films are really quite interesting.

Well, who am I? I'm a 31 year old self-described geek. I love all things movies & comics, I spend a lot of my time reading, I love to play video games (currently re-addicted to World of Warcraft & loving my undead rogue), and I love discussing all of these things with other people. That leads to this blog.

My main design for this blog is to cover one or two comic books at a time and for us to work our way through them, issue by issue. I hope to analyze them, to discuss how characters have changed over the years (this will be especially prevalent in one of my first titles I plan on covering, X-Men), and I generally want to celebrate the craft of comics.

I will also be featuring interesting movies, people you should know, blogs you should be reading, podcasts you should listen to, and all kinds of other stuff, basically whatever piques my interest.

So, I hope you stick around for the ride. I think it will be a lot of fun, and I hope you find it so, too. BTW, I'm not done yet with setting up the layout here, so changes will be forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment