Friday, September 4, 2009

Plans and Schemes

Okay, so the first poll has closed, and it would appear that Deadpool & Watchmen are the winners by a landslide! *throws confetti around*

Here's the plan:

Mondays are going to be Mutant Monday, wherein I'll discuss an X-Men book. This might be a classic X-Men book, one of the ones from the 90's, one of Whedon's Astonishing X-Men or it might even be an X-Men themed What If? issue (I've got a ton of those, and I love them for their crackiness & alternate futureness).

Tuesdays & Thursdays will be free-for-all days where I'll talk about any little thing that flows into my head. Any book will be up for grabs here.

Wednesday will be Wacky Wade Wednesday. I'll discuss our favorite fourth-wall breaking mutant, Deadpool, here, most likely beginning with his mini-series from the 90s.

Friday will be Fables Friday. I'll continue with issue 2 of Fables next Friday (today's my birthday, gimme a break! ;-)).

I'm not 100% sure if I'll post on the weekend, but if I do, it'll be one of the other titles you guys voted for in my poll. Bone might be a good way to kick it off (and I need to reread it).

I didn't forget about Watchmen, either. How could I forget about my favorite red-haired vigilante? I'm going to do Watchmen as a special series, and I plan on going hard-core into it, which will require a lot of studying and rereading, so stay tuned for that.

Well, that's about all I have for today. I will kick this puppy off tomorrow properly. I apologize for all the delays in posting, but if you follow me on Twitter, you know it's been a crazy couple of weeks in the real world for me. I may be back later today with another Peter Pan post. I've been falling into that book some more, and the differences between it and the films that have been adapted from the book are amazing (and a little heartbreaking, to tell the truth).

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait for this to start :) I look forward to learning a lot from your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Peter Pan! You might want to have a read of this book, too, it's based on Barrie's idea for more adventure.
    http://www.peterpansneverworld.com/

    BELIEVE!

    ReplyDelete